Friday 24 April 2009

My country and me

It’s often argued that what a man feels for his country is embedded; people refer to their countries as if it’s their back bones, it gives them a place to relate to. They say it with pride I am from... well sometimes early in my life I never felt that.
Now since I am in the age of reason and I relate to myself as relatively intellectual, I still have this confusion, I never found it quit meriting referring back to Egypt as my country of origin, yet I don't deny it though. I found a rather comfortable answer for this question when ever any one asks where are you form, I relate to my ancestors origin, i am originally Kurdish. This unjustified action that i have been maintaining for a while now, triggered a question about the reason why i do so?

I have nothing against Egypt the country, Egypt the land, but here is why?

My experience with Egypt is quit devastating and rather interesting at the same time, Egypt to me is the country that apprised the man in me, its the bitch i always hated. My description is not so different from how nagib suroor, ahmed fuad nigm or any whom this land caused them agony and sorrow and they are many, yet they are all still hung over her. They love her and yet they despise her for they have suffered in her love. Its a psychological fact that when a man makes love to a woman he get revenge for all the things that defeated him in life, with Egypt its completely reversed she ravishes you and prey's on your mind once you are in love with here she is like the mermaid in the ancient Greek mythology, she enchants you with her beauty and then she feast's on your soul.
I hate how we are deceived to get in a one side love relationship with a courtesan that sell's her affections to the highest bidder, and gives this bidder the right to terminate and torture every one else.
Egypt.. Oh my beloved dear,
Show pity for an injured deer,
Shedding my blood on you alter,
pledging for you merciful sight.

In the end, the water i drink for which is not from you Nile is Sauer, the green fields i sight are not match to you deserted lands, the sound of the most perfect melodies will never pear up to the sound of your cities cluttered noises.
I love you and i am tormented with me being attached to your bosom, you ungrateful, arrogant witch.

1 comment:

  1. ياعيني مكانك في وسط قلبي، بس على فكرة كلامك غير داخلك انت تكتب كلام ومن الواقع الذي انت تعيشه لكن الحقيقة التي في داخلك تختلف تماما عن كتاباتك، لم المس ولم اعرف حقيقتك لكني عرفت شيئا واحدا الا وهو الهروب حيث انك لم تواجه ولم تقف بوجه حقيقة الامور. واتمنى لك المزيد المزيد من كتاباتك ولك التوفيق.

    الوفية المجهولة

    ReplyDelete